Xstract's Vectra A

Diskutiere Xstract's Vectra A im Vectra - Umbau-Projekte unserer User Forum im Bereich Opel Vectra Problemforum; Hi, i've owned a vectra for almost 3-years now and i thought i'd share it with you on this forum since i'm here looking at other people's...
Xstract

Xstract

Mopedschrauber
Themenstarter
Hi, i've owned a vectra for almost 3-years now and i thought i'd share it with you on this forum since i'm here looking at other people's projects. Sorry for not writing German/deutsch but this is the only forum for vectra worth using when i searched for forums:) If you have som feedback, please give it to me:)

It's original specs:
1993 - Opel Vectra A
2l 8v (C20NE)

But there was something wrong with the engine so it didn't run as it should have, so i bought myself a donor car with C20XE (KM: about 170.000km). This was taken from a Opel Calibra, the car was nothing to keep but the motor was good. It was a pretty good oppertunity because i got much parts with the calibra for the same price. So i had the calibra parked outside for pretty long, because i was to lazy to change motor since the vectra was used for driving pretty often, but then some bastards decided to break into the car and smash the window + take almost all of my audio system. That was the "kick in the ass" that put my lazy ass to work.

After the burglary i took the motor out of the vectra, and took of the parts like bumpers and stuff. I have built up something under the car where it stands now (without wheels) so i can do work under the car and have enough space. I

Here are some of the plans:
C20XE Motor (it has powercap and the gearbox has shortshift)
Cat-back edelstahl eksos
Maybe some 9x16" rims/felgen with "lip/kant"
Vectra 2000 front bumper with JMS "spoiler"
Vectra 2000 vinge/spoiler
Seitenschweller is not yet deceided (wich one i mean)
In the rear end i think original vectra bumper with "lip/spoiler" attached to it.
Vectra 2000 Tail-lights/rear lights
Plastic interiour painted
FULL PAINTING for the car
Vectra 2000/turbo interiour

Some of the sound system i had in this car (most of the components were stolen so i'm gonna buy something else):

Focal 165V3E

Ground Zero GZHA 2350x

Cadence 1,2F capacitor

Just looking at the ugly original speakers

And the new package:

The original engine:

The C20XE, looks much better even if it's 2 years older:

Just trying the 8x17" that came with the calibra here just to see how they fit:

And a friend modified the door panels to fit the speakers, and to get a little angle so the sound hits the person. He alså painted them and made some kickpanels for the 6,5" bass in the component set:

And then i bought the mono block (wich i have now sold to my friend, but i'll be back with better stuff later in time). It was a Hifonics BXI2006D Class D amplifier ment to give power to my Rockford Fosgate T1's:

And then i built the first box to see how the sound was/sound testing:

And some of the interiour parts returned from painting:

The floor mat in the trunk was too soft so my amplifier was sinking down so i had to make something, so i took some 19" MDF and made a floor. I made it after the shape of the floor mat:

And after that i was just making stuff for fun to see how it looked, and i put black leather on the floor:

Hi, yeah the vectra is pretty good. Not much rust either, i have looked almost everywhere for it now, i found 2-3 pretty small holes in the "torpedo wall" but not to bad, and a little area in the wheelhouse. But i'm still impressed how good the wheelhouses look compared to a friend of mine who found out that it was full of rust AFTER painting the car :kaputt, the spot that is badest rust attacked is around the fuel hole in the back, but i think i'm gonna treat it with "sandblås" (compressor + "sand gun") and weld in something round to cover the whole. I forgot some pictures of how the car stands in the workshop now so here they come:)

Some of the motor when it was taken out from the calibra:

Before painting the motorblock

After

Some from before the burglary/before i put it in the workshop:

The vectra 2000 front bumper and spoiler i purchased

I just put some screws in the JMS "spoiler" so i could see how low the car would be with styling

The workshop

The car in the workshop (as it stands now)

Just some parts i have taken of the car
I thought i should wash these real good and remove oil/grease leftovers, and paint in black color again and maybe with some tectyl, anyone have thoughts concerning that?:)

Just some parts from the motor and stuff

I'm gonna write more here and update when i eventually do something again as long as i don't get kicked out of the forum for writing English:)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
iCE-tEA

iCE-tEA

Campingplatz Schläger
nice car man! the 17" rims look's also realy nice...

- Shadow.de -

- Shadow.de -

Routinier
hi,

your vectra looks like very good ...

the doorboard are very cool :151:

Xstract

Xstract

Mopedschrauber
Themenstarter
Hi, yeah the vectra is pretty good. Not much rust either, i have looked almost everywhere for it now, i found 2-3 pretty small holes in the "torpedo wall" but not to bad, and a little area in the wheelhouse. But i'm still impressed how good the wheelhouses look compared to a friend of mine who found out that it was full of rust AFTER painting the car :kaputt, the spot that is badest rust attacked is around the fuel hole in the back, but i think i'm gonna treat it with "sandblås" (compressor + "sand gun") and weld in something round to cover the whole. I forgot some pictures of how the car stands in the workshop now so here they come:)

Xstract

Xstract

Mopedschrauber
Themenstarter
Made some changes to the first post and updated with more photos of things:)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Sport-Laster

Sport-Laster

Schichtcheffe
Hy,
I think you would not thrown out, because writing in english.
Nice A-Vectra, I think if the car nis paintet, it will be very nice, and when the 16V runs, the Car will be like a roket:151:
Only the JMS?! The car looks very low. Are you not affraid to smash it by scrabbing on the street?
Im very interestet too see more pictures...
CU

Xstract

Xstract

Mopedschrauber
Themenstarter
Hy,
I think you would not thrown out, because writing in english.
Nice A-Vectra, I think if the car nis paintet, it will be very nice, and when the 16V runs, the Car will be like a roket:151:
Only the JMS?! The car looks very low. Are you not affraid to smash it by scrabbing on the street?
Im very interestet too see more pictures...
CU
Sounds good.
Yeah, i'm going to school again now to change my education and i'm almost certain that i'm going out as an apprentice car painter after the summer if i can get a job. So i think i'll wait and see and maybe i can get some of the guys that i eventually work with to paint it/or get a good discount where i work. Yeah i think it will be nice with 16V, we drove the calibra a bit before we put it away and it was not bad at all and after what i've heard the vectra is less heavy than calibra. I have also removed the aircondition that was attached to the motor because it was defect/had no reason to still be on so some more hk to spare there to:)

And no there is not just gonna be JMS, there are gonna be sideskirts, and "rear bumper lip"/spoiler lip, vectra 2000 trunk spoiler, rear windshield lower(?). I have not just decided for witch sideskirts i'm gonna go for, i don't think i want Rieger/M3 sideskirt because where i live everyone who has a styled Vectra A have them. But i have found some of interest on ebay.de so when the time comes i think i'm gonna buy from there:) The car is not so low, it's just our driveway that is crap when you look on some of the pictures, i've measured about 10-11CM from the bottom of the JMS to the ground, and thats with 15" wheels. But i'm thinking of going for 16" rims with lip, i don't know yet but maybe some of you guys can give me some advice on this:)

The car is lowered 60/50 btw:)

Zuletzt bearbeitet:
Xstract

Xstract

Mopedschrauber
Themenstarter
And what would you like to see more pictures of exactly?:)

Sport-Laster

Sport-Laster

Schichtcheffe
So i want too se pictures of the Evolution (if ist go on).
Your car boot looks very interesting, I would be glad too se it finished. Are you experienced in Woodwork, or are you a good amateuer?
I know the most sideskirts look like BMW M3, but the most others looks ugly I think, for example the turned one.
But one thing i have to nag: you have killed a calibra:)):kaputt:
I have a Calibra too, but ill never slaught it, look at my garage (Vectra Halle)
CU

Xstract

Xstract

Mopedschrauber
Themenstarter
:kaputt:
So i want too se pictures of the Evolution (if ist go on).
Your car boot looks very interesting, I would be glad too se it finished. Are you experienced in Woodwork, or are you a good amateuer?
I know the most sideskirts look like BMW M3, but the most others looks ugly I think, for example the turned one.
But one thing i have to nag: you have killed a calibra:)):kaputt:
I have a Calibra too, but ill never slaught it, look at my garage (Vectra Halle)
CU
Ah, but there has not been done so much yet. Because now i go to school and have bad economic, but if i get job as car painter apprentice after the summer or something it will get better and i can buy what i need. What do you mean with car boot? You mean whats holding the car up or the workshop?:) I have some experience with Woodwork yes, i was a carpenter apprentice before i went to school:)
Yeah, they do. I know wich one you mean when you say "the turned one" and thats not what i had in mindt. The one i mean have less shape/are more "discrete" in form.

And yes i have killed a calibra, but if someone wanted to fix up that car they must have had a lot of time to spare. Because my friend who has had like 20 opels (and more or less 4-5 vectras and calibras) said that he had never seen so much rust on a calibra before. I'll post some pictures of that to:) :kaputt:

Sport-Laster

Sport-Laster

Schichtcheffe
Yes yes, the rust:))
My Cali have realy no rust until today:bowdown:, because i dont drive him in the winter.
There are sideskirts with airintakes to buy (i dont kow the producer), these are an option.
Car boot, i meen the Paketplace (in the back of the car).
I hope my english isnt so bad...

Xstract

Xstract

Mopedschrauber
Themenstarter
Yes yes, the rust:))
My Cali have realy no rust until today:bowdown:, because i dont drive him in the winter.
There are sideskirts with airintakes to buy (i dont kow the producer), these are an option.
Car boot, i meen the Paketplace (in the back of the car).
I hope my english isnt so bad...

Ah, ok. This car has probably been driven every winter since it was purchased. But when i have fixed it up i'm not gonna drive it in the winter, i would rather buy a cheap car for the winter to drive in. Yeah, i have looked for many different sideskirts. Ahh, thats called the "trunk" of the car:)
No i understand you pretty well:)

Here are some sideskirts i might consider, please give me feedback on this. I haven't found everyone of them in a shop yet:

A friends calibra:

Ebay:

I like the two last ones pretty good:)

Sport-Laster

Sport-Laster

Schichtcheffe
Ähm...
I think the white one:151: So their look like Mattig or Lenk Opel Tuning. It`s very importent that the sideskirts dont look like the car is behind lower than at the front, especialy with an opel is this problem already. Iff you got to be an Carbrusher, perhaps you can make any espacaly for you.

Xstract

Xstract

Mopedschrauber
Themenstarter
Yeah, i know that... thats why i'm hoping to find the right combination of styling. So the car isn't lower in the mid-point (where the sideskirts are) compared to front and rear end of the car:) I like the white ones too, simple/not so much details on them:)

Sport-Laster

Sport-Laster

Schichtcheffe
So the car isn't lower in the mid-point (where the sideskirts are) compared to front and rear end of the car:)
I had exactly this problem with my Calibra, is was not much, but you could see it. I bought a Front-Flap (like the golden one in your picture) now its ok, I think.
Yes, you are right, the parts souldn`t have so much airintakes or design elements, that they not look overloded. And especialy no Monster or Extrem Bumpers like they offert in Ebay...

Xstract

Xstract

Mopedschrauber
Themenstarter
I totally agree, i don't like cars that are overkill styled.. Just doesn't look nice when there are bigger holes in the bumper than there is plastic :p
But i'm hoping to find the right combination/combo of styling.

Now i'm trying to make a doorboard in wood so that i can make another one in aluminium after it. So the car doors can have more speakers, i'm getting my inspiration from this car:

That i think looks really cool with the doors.

iCE-tEA

iCE-tEA

Campingplatz Schläger
its the car of a friend of mine^^! marcel (the owner) build it in more then 4 years^^! he is a little bit audiophile^^! if you have some questions about this car ask^^!

Sport-Laster

Sport-Laster

Schichtcheffe
@xstract:
Oh i see, you`ll live ina drivable radiostation:kaputt:
Why you don`t build the doorboards with GFK?

@ice:
Wow, man sieht die Arbeit an dem Wagen und vor allem dass es nicht nur reingepappt ist. Die Arbeit mit dem Amma-Brett maaht sich kaum einer. Habt ihr schene gemacht:151:

Xstract

Xstract

Mopedschrauber
Themenstarter
Sounds nice, i remember there was a project website for that car but when i looked now i couldn't find it. Do you know if he still has some photos from the project (when he built the doorboards)? Or maybe some measures/sizes for the aluminium i have to make? And maybe how many centimeters the doorboard did build out from the door? Because i don't wanna have more than i need because then there will be less space. think i'm going for 4x 6,5" (70wrms) and 3" og 4" on the two on the top (50wrms) in each door. And maybe 2x diskant/tweeter on each side? Or will it be to much tweeter then?:)

Yeah, i'm a bit audio freak when it comes to the car:)
GFK? What's that?

Sport-Laster

Sport-Laster

Schichtcheffe
GFK? Oh f...!
How can i Teach you?!
You take me at the end of my english nowing!!!:heul:
You know the Soundboards and boxes, in the car pagage (backside) witch are paintet, not made in wood an leather (i down´t know the english name), the frame of the screan in the vectra picture you have posted, ist made with GFK too.
You know now?

Thema:

Xstract's Vectra A

Xstract's Vectra A - Ähnliche Themen

• Opel Z22SE Pfeift nach Wechsel der Steuerkette und Wasserpumpe

Opel Z22SE Pfeift nach Wechsel der Steuerkette und Wasserpumpe: Guten Abend zusammen, ich bin neu hier! Vielleicht kann mir jemand weiter helfen, ich bin am verzweifeln. Ich habe an meinem Vectra C 2.2 147PS...
  • Wieder Vectra

Wieder Vectra: Guten Abend in die Runde. Ich wollte mich kurz vorstellen. Ich heisse Ivan bin unterdessen 53 Jahre (wie die Zeit vergeht) und komme aus der...
  • Unser erster Vectra

Unser erster Vectra: Hallo zusammen und schöne Grüsse aus Aachen
  • Suche Vectra A / Fahrzeuge / Teile / C20LET / C20XE

Suche Vectra A / Fahrzeuge / Teile / C20LET / C20XE: Hallo Vectra Freunde, solltet Ihr einen A Vectra los werden wollen oder habt noch Teile die Ihr nicht mehr benötigt, dann schreibt mir gerne eine...
  • Massekabel für Scheinwerfer Vectra A

Massekabel für Scheinwerfer Vectra A: Hallo, erst einmal frohes neues Jahr ich habe schon seit langem ein Problem mit meinen Hauptscheinwerfer.Das Hauptlicht ist so miserabel kurz...
  • Massekabel für Scheinwerfer Vectra A - Ähnliche Themen

• Opel Z22SE Pfeift nach Wechsel der Steuerkette und Wasserpumpe

Opel Z22SE Pfeift nach Wechsel der Steuerkette und Wasserpumpe: Guten Abend zusammen, ich bin neu hier! Vielleicht kann mir jemand weiter helfen, ich bin am verzweifeln. Ich habe an meinem Vectra C 2.2 147PS...
  • Wieder Vectra

Wieder Vectra: Guten Abend in die Runde. Ich wollte mich kurz vorstellen. Ich heisse Ivan bin unterdessen 53 Jahre (wie die Zeit vergeht) und komme aus der...
  • Unser erster Vectra

Unser erster Vectra: Hallo zusammen und schöne Grüsse aus Aachen
  • Suche Vectra A / Fahrzeuge / Teile / C20LET / C20XE

Suche Vectra A / Fahrzeuge / Teile / C20LET / C20XE: Hallo Vectra Freunde, solltet Ihr einen A Vectra los werden wollen oder habt noch Teile die Ihr nicht mehr benötigt, dann schreibt mir gerne eine...
  • Massekabel für Scheinwerfer Vectra A

Massekabel für Scheinwerfer Vectra A: Hallo, erst einmal frohes neues Jahr ich habe schon seit langem ein Problem mit meinen Hauptscheinwerfer.Das Hauptlicht ist so miserabel kurz...
  • Oben